This article presents an exhaustive overview of Dengue Fever and its Homeopathy treatment, including most commonly used homeopathic medicine for dengue fever.
Dengue fever (Bone Breaking Fever) is a vector borne fever, caused by a virus known as arbovirus which is spread by the bite of mosquitoes (Aedes-aegypti, main vector of the disease). This is also known as Break bone fever, because this fever produces very much pain in bones and joints.
Dengue fever is systemic disease caused by one of four sero-types of virus from the genus Flavivirus, which also includes the pathogens responsible for yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.
The first known cases of dengue fever occurred in Batavia in 1779, and Benjamin Rush, a prominent American Revolutionary War physician and signer of the Declaration of Independence gave the first detailed description of the disease when it caused an epidemic in Philadelphia in 1780.
Dengue most often manifests itself with the sudden onset of the fever five to eight days after a bite from one of several species of Aedes mosquito, including A. aegyptii, A. albopictus, and A. scutellaris.
After two to four days of headache, fever, and muscle aches, the disease eases for 12 to 48 hours before returning with a skin rash, chills, swollen and reddened eyes, and the severe joint pains that caused Rush to name it “break bone fever,” an eponym that remains in use.
Dengue fever is usually benign and self limited, but a small number of cases will progress to the hemorrhagic form, in which bleeding from multiple organs and mucosal surfaces occurs and for which the mortality is about 5 percent. No vaccine is available for dengue, and there is no effective treatment.
Because the mosquitoes that transmit the disease are day-biting, mosquito netting is of limited usefulness, and the only effective means of control has been to eliminate the Aedes vectors.
Dengue fever is a self-limiting disease. When there is a prevalence of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus together, with circulation of more than one type of dengue virus in a particular area, it gives birth to either Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (DHF) or Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS).
AGENT OF DENGUE FEVER
Dengue fever virus (DENV) is an RNA virus of the family Flaviviridae; genus Flavivirus. Most are transmitted by arthropods (mosquitoes or ticks), and are therefore also referred to as arboviruses (arthropod-borne viruses).
HOW DOES DENGUE SPREAD?
When a mosquito bites a person who has dengue virus in his or her blood, the mosquito becomes infected with the dengue virus. An infected mosquito can later transmit that virus to healthy people by biting them. Dengue cannot be spread directly from one person to another, and mosquitoes are necessary for transmission of the dengue virus. This is called human-to-mosquito-to-human cycle of transmission.
Initially when mosquito bites a person there is no sign and symptoms for four days. After four days virus multiplies in to blood stream, this condition known as viremia. It lasts for 3- 10 day in which patient presents classical dangue fever symptoms.
Once the mosquito becomes infective, it remains so for life. The virus attacks the genital tract of mosquito and start transmitting in the fully developed eggs at the time of oviposition.
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE for DENGUE FEVER
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment for dengue fever, focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines for dengue fever are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc.
The homeopathy medicines given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the homeopathic treatment of dengue fever. The symptoms listed against each homeopathic medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy.
To study any of the following homeopathy remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica section. None of these homeopathic medicines for dengue fever should be taken without professional advice.
The rubrics taken for repertorisation in DENGUE CLASSICAL FEVER are-
- HEAD – PAIN – Forehead, in – Eyes – Behind
- EXTREMITIES – PAIN – tearing – Joints – fever, during
- STOMACH – NAUSEA – fever – during
- FEVER – INTERMITTENT
- GENERALS – WEAKNESS – fever – during
- SKIN – ERUPTIONS – petechiae – fever; during
- EXTREMITIES – PAIN – fever, during
So we can see the top 20 homeopathic medicine for dengue fever in repertorisation are-
- Calcarea carb
- Rhus toxicodendron
- Arsenicum album
- Natrium mur
- Nux vomica
- Eupatorium perp
- Merc sol
- Ferrum met
Rubrics taken in case of DENGUE HEMORRHAGIC FEVER OR DENGUE SHOCK SYNDROME are-
- GENERALS – HEMORRHAGE – Orifices of the body, from
- GENERALS – HEMORRHAGE – fever; during paroxysmal
- NOSE – EPISTAXIS – fever – during
- GENERALS – WEAKNESS – fever – during
- FEVER – SEPTIC fever
The top 20 homeopathy medicines for Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in repertorisation are-
- Crotalus horridus
- Phosphoric acid
- Rhus toxicodendron
- Carbo veg
- Ferrum phos
- Arsenic album
- Arnica montana
- Muratic acid
Now the most suitable homeopathic medicines for Dengue fever according to repertorisation are-
Eupatorium perfoliatum –
it’s the best suited homeopathic medicine for dengue fever, where platelet count get low and there is intense pain in joints.
* Known as “Bone-set”, from the prompt manner in which it relieves pain in limbs and muscles that accompanies some forms of febrile disease, like dengue, malaria and influenza.
– Throbbing pain.
– Pressure as if a cap pressed over the whole skull.
– Vertigo; sensation of falling to left.
– Top and back of head with pain and soreness of eyeballs.
– Periodical headache, every third and seventh day.
– Occipital pain after lying down, with sense of weight.
– Perspiration relieves all symptoms except headache.
– Chill between 7 and 9 a.m., preceded by thirst with great soreness and aching of bones.
– Nausea, vomiting of bile, throbbing headache.
– Knows chill is coming on because he cannot drink enough.
Rhus toxicodendron –
wonderful action in dengue fever with chill and red vesicular eruptions, and also acts very well in joints pain in fever
– Influenza, with aching in all bones. [Eup. perf.]
– Adynamic; restless, trembling.
– Dry cough and restlessness.
– Urticaria fever during
– Chilly, as if cold water were poured over him, followed by heat.
– Muscular pains relived by stretching
Arsenic album –
acts very nicely in all types of fever with restlessness mentally and physically. This homeopathy medicine is often used as a preventive drug for Dengue fever.
– Great anguish and restlessness. Changes place continually. Fears, of death, of being left alone.
– Great fear, with cold sweat.
– Thinks it useless to take medicine.
– Hallucinations of smell and sight.
– Despair of recovery which drives him from place to place.
– Miserly, malicious, selfish, lacks courage.
– General sensibility increased [Hep.].
– Sensitive to disorder and confusion.
– High temperature.
– Periodicity marked with adynamia.
– Septic fevers.
– Intermittent. Paroxysms incomplete, with marked exhaustion. Hay-fever.
– Cold sweats.
– Typhoid, not too early; often after Rhus.
– Complete exhaustion.
– Delirium; worse after midnight.
– Great restlessness.
– Great heat about 3 a.m.
China Officinalis –
suitable homeopathic remedy in all fever with debility in body due to loss of vital fluids.
* Debility from exhausting discharges, from loss of vital fluids, calls for this remedy.
* Periodicity is most marked.
– Pains in limbs and joints, as if sprained; worse, slight touch; hard pressure relieves.
– Sensation as of a string around limb.
– Joints swollen; very sensitive, with dread or open air.
– Great debility, trembling, with numb sensation.
– Averse to exercise; sensitive to touch.
– Weariness of joints; worse, mornings and when sitting.
– Extreme sensitiveness to touch, but hard pressure relieves. Coldness; much sweat.
– One hand ice cold, the other warm.
– oedema over whole body
– Dermatitis; erysipelas.
– Swelling of glands; scrofulous ulcers and caries.
– Intermittent, paroxysms anticipate; return every week.
– All stages well marked.
– Chill generally in forenoon, thirst before chill, and little and often.
– Debilitating night-sweats.
– Free perspiration caused by every little exertion, especially on single parts.
– Hay fever, watery coryza, pain in temples.
Gelsemium sempervirens –
well known homeopathy remedy in fever cases with chill in spine and also known as 3D medicine i.e. for DULLNESS DIZZINESS DROWSINESS.
– Wants to be held.
– Pulse slow, full, soft, compressible.
– Chilliness up and down back.
– Heat and sweat stages, long and exhausting.
– Much muscular soreness, great prostration, and violent headache.
– Fever, with stupor, dizziness, faintness; thirstless, prostrated.
– Chill, without thirst, along spine; wave-like, extending upward from sacrum to occiput.
ACONITUM NAPELLUS –
Acute acting homeopathic remedy in sudden fevers.
* A state of fear, anxiety; anguish of mind and body.
* Physical and mental restlessness, fright, is the most characteristic manifestation of Aconite. Acute, sudden, and violent invasion, with fever, call for it.
* Does not want to be touched.
* Sudden and great sinking of strength.
* Complaints and tension caused by exposure to dry, cold weather, draught of cold air, checked perspiration, also complaints from very hot weather, especially gastrointestinal disturbances, etc.
* First remedy in inflammations, inflammatory fevers.
* Serous membranes and muscular tissues affected markedly.
* Burning in internal parts; tingling, coldness and numbness.
– Red, hot, swollen, dry, burning in skin
– Rash like measles.
– Formication and numbness.
– Chilliness and formication down back.
– Cold stage most marked.
– Cold sweat and icy coldness of face.
– Coldness and heat alternate.
– Evening chilliness soon after going to bed.
– Cold waves pass through him. Thirst and restlessness always present.
– Chilly if uncovered or touched.
– Dry heat, red face.
– Most valuable fever remedy with mental anguish, restlessness, etc.
– Sweat drenching, on parts lain on; relieving all symptoms.
Crotallus horridus –
it’s a suitable homeopathic medicine in dengue fever case having hemorrhagic tendency. It is often suggested for Dengue hemorrhagic fever, where the platelet count goes very low.
– Diseases caused by a previous low state of the system; low septic typhoid or malarial fever; chronic alcoholism; exhausted vital force; genuine collapse.
– Hemorrhagic or broken down constitutions.
– Hemorrhagic diathesis; blood flows from eyes, ears, nose, and every orifice of the body; bloody sweat.
– Yellow color of conjunctiva; clears up vision after keratitis, or kerato-iritis.
– Tongue fiery red, smooth and polished (Pyr.); intensely swollen.
Blood decomposition, hemorrhages (dark fluid that forms no clots), tendency to carbuncles, malignant scarlatina, yellow fever, the plague, cholera, give opportunity to use this remedy.
– Malignant fevers of a hemorrhagic or tcharacter.
– Low bilious remittents.
– Yellow fever.
– Bloody sweat.
– Cold sweats.
– Swelling and discoloration, skin tense and shows every tint of color, with excruciating pain.
– Yellow color of the whole body.
– Great sensitiveness of skin of right half of body.
– Hemorrhage from every part of body.
– Bloody sweat.
– Chilblains, felons.
– Pustular eruptions.
– Insect stings.
– Bad effects of vaccination.
– Lymphangitis and septicemia.
– Boils, carbuncles, and eruptions are surrounded by purplish, mottled skin and edema.
– Sore sensation relieved by pressure.
Useful where there is lot of muscle and joint pain, which is worse with every little motion.
– The pains are stitching, tearing, worse at night, greatly aggravated by motion, relieved by rest.
– The parts which are the seat of subjective pain become subsequently sensitive to external pressure, and then swollen and red.
– Pulse full, hard, tense, and quick.
– Chill with external coldness, dry cough, stitches.
– Internal heat.
– Sour sweat after slight exertion.
– Easy, profuse perspiration.
– Rheumatic and typhoid marked by gastro-hepatic complications
– patient is Worse by warmth, any motion, morning, eating, hot weather, exertion, touch.
– Cannot sit up; gets faint and sick.
– Better, lying on painful side, pressure, rest, cold things.
Arnica montana –
favorable homeopathic medicine for dengue fevers with sore, lame and bruised feeling in all body.
– Fever Prodrome
– Drawing pains as if in the periosteum.
– For large quantities of cold water, which refreshes him.
– Chill With thirst, pain in muscles of back and extremities, as if bruised; great soreness of whole body.
– Less thirst, but increased soreness in muscles; must lie down, yet bed feels too hard; he cannot find a soft place and keeps constantly changing position in search of one.
– Sweat Generally absent in recent attacks.
– In old cases, sour, and offensive
– Bruised feeling and soreness continue through every stage, and persist during apyrexia.
we can think of this homeopathy medicine when the fever is of sudden and violent nature.
-Pulse: Ordinarily quick, often full, hard and tense, but sometimes also it is full.
-Throbbing carotid and temporal arteries.
-Violent beating of the arteries.
-Chill: In evening, especially on extremities, most on arms, with heat.
-Evening shaking chill.
-Coldness of limbs, with a hot head.
-Shivering, running down back.
-Heat: Constant dry burning, with sweat on head and neck only Internal, with anxiety and restlessness of forehead, with cold cheeks.
-Internal or external, or both at same time.
-Of head, with red face and delirium.
-Generally predominating Sweat, Exclusively on the covered parts With, or immediately after the heat, most on face empyreumatic odour, and stains the linen.
-Pulse Full, hard and accelerated, sometimes intermittent
-Chill : And chilliness, principally internal and without thirst, mostly evenings, but also at other times of day.
-External, with concomitant internal heat and redness of face.
-Severe, at night in bed.
-In forenoon; in afternoon heat with cold feet.
-With thirst, after previous heat.
-Spreading from toes. -Running up back.
-Afternoons and evenings, with dry skin and great thirst.
-Great, at night, without thirst, often preceding chill with thirst.
-Sweat, Nights and mornings, Copious sour smelling , the whole night.
-In evening, most on hands.
-Copious, from least movement.
-Anxious, debilitating, of an empyreumatic, sour, seldom offensive, sometimes also cold.
-Nightsweat, only on nape and occiput.
another homeopathy remedy with hemorrhagic diathesis. Is useful for both simple Dengue fever as well as Dengue hemorrhagic fever.
– Chilly every evening.
– Cold knees at night.
– Adynamic with lack of thirst, but unnatural hunger.
– Hectic, with small, quick pulse; viscid night-sweats.
– Profuse perspiration.
– Post-critical temperature of a remittent type.
– Here repeat dose every two hours. (MacFarlan).
– Profuse sweat.
– General chilliness.
– Worse, motion, music; before a storm; standing; dampness; from draught; early morning, and after sleep.
– Better, open air.
– Chill at 2 p.m. begins internally in stomach region. Fever with sweat.
– Pulse full and frequent.
– Chilliness and heat.
– Partial sweats.
– Night sweats, especially on head, neck and chest.
– Hectic fever.
– Heat at night during menstruation, with restless sleep.
– Sweat over head in children, so that pillow becomes wet.
– Unhealthy; readily ulcerating; flaccid.
– Small wounds do not heal readily.
– Warts on face and hands.
– Petechial eruptions.
– Chill between 3 and 4 p.m. , followed by sweat.
– Icy coldness.
– Feels as if lying on ice.
– One chill is followed by another. [Calc.; Sil.; Hep.]
– Lower extremities lame and stiff, tension as if too short.
– Heaviness and bruised feeling.
-Restlessness in all limbs, twitching and jerking night and day.
– Pain in heel.
– Coldness of legs and feet. Fever
– Frequent flushes of heat; sweat from least motion.
– General lack of warmth of body.
– Feet cold and wet.
– Shivering, with thirst; worse, towards evening.
For the bad effects of exhausting diseases, whether in young or old (Cinch, Psor.); cachectic persons whose vitality has become weakened or exhausted.
Useful when there is collapse like state along with Dengue fever.
– Chilliness in the evening.
– Frequent chilliness; especially at night, chilliness and coldness.-
– With the irritation to cough, in the evening, chilliness and drawing in the cheeks. – Shivering, frequently lasting an hour.
– Shivering in the evening, with weariness and flushes of heat, before going to sleep (after ten hours).
– Febrile chill in the morning, with thirst, chattering, and blue finger-nails, lasting till afternoon; then in the evening heat and sweat, without thirst.
– Chill with thirst.
– Drawing chill, with great thirst.
– Feverish coldness in the evening; he does not feel the warmth from the stove.
– Coldness of the left arm and left leg.
– Very cold hands and feet in the evening.
– She could not get the feet warm, in the evening, in bed, before 1 o’clock.
– Chilliness and heat towards evening (after twelve days).
– Chill at 11 A. M. for several days; heat in the evening at 6.
– Heat at night in bed.
– Sensation of heat, with great anxiety, in the evening, although she was cold to touch all over.
– General burning heat in the evening, with great weariness and fantasies at night.
– A little wine heats him very much.
– Warmth in the spine rising up to the throat.
– Much heat the whole day, though with constantly cold feet.
– Much inclined to sweat].
– Increased sweat in the morning on waking (after three days).
– Profuse sweat of the body, and even of the head, before midnight.
– General sweat after a moderate breakfast.
– Warm sweat in the morning (after twenty-nine hours).
– Sour-smelling sweat (after eight days).
– Sweat of an offensive odour at night.
– He sweat easily on the upper part of the body in a warm room, and then again became just as easily chilled.
– Sweat on the forehead while eating.
– Frequent profuse sweat on the face (in a boy two years old).
– Heat on the balls of the hands.
– Sweat of the feet when walking.
– Chilliness; very sensitive to cold air.
– Creeping, shivering over the whole body.
– Cold extremities, even in a warm room.
– Sweat at night; worse towards morning.
– Suffering parts feel cold.
– Worse, new moon, in morning, from washing, during menses, uncovering, lying down, damp, lying on, left side, cold.
– Better, warmth, wrapping up head, summer; in wet or humid weather.
– Generally gastric or bilious, with profuse nightly perspiration; debility, slow and lingering.
– Heat and shuddering alternately.
– Yellow perspiration.
– Profuse perspiration without relief. Creeping chilliness, worse in the evening and into night.
– Alternate flashes of heat in single parts.
– Worse, at night, wet, damp weather, lying on right side, perspiring; warm room and warm bed.
* Like all snake poisons, Lachesis decomposes the blood, rendering it more fluid; hence a hemorrhagic tendency is marked.
– Chilly in back; feet icy cold; hot flushes and hot perspiration.
– Paroxysm returns after acids.
– Intermittent fever every spring.
– Worse, after sleep, ([Kali bich.]) Lachesis sleeps into aggravation; ailments that come on during sleep. [Calc.]
– ; left side, in the spring, warm bath, pressure or constriction, hot drinks.
– Closing eyes.
– Better, appearance of discharges, warm applications.
– For septicemia; puerperal or surgical from ptomaine or sewer gas infection; during course of diphtheria, typhoid or typhus; when the best selected remedy fails to >> or permanently improve.
– The bed feels hard (Arn.); parts lain on feel sore and bruised (Bapt.); rapid decubitus (Carb. ac.).
– Tongue: large, flabby; clean, smooth as if varnished; fiery red; dry, cracked, articulation difficult (Crot., Ter.).
– Taste: sweetish; terribly foetid; pus-like; as from an abscess.
– Vomiting: persistent; brownish, coffee-ground; offensive, stercoraceous; with impacted or obstructed bowels (Op., Plb.).
– Coldness and chilliness.
– Septic fevers.
– Latent pyogenic condition in Dengue fever.
– Chill begins in back.
– Temperature rises rapidly.
– Great heat with profuse hot sweat, but sweating does not cause a fall in temperature.
– In carbuncle, malignant ulcer and complaints with ulceration, sloughing and intolerable burning.
– When Arsenicum or the best selected remedy fails to relieve the burning pain of carbuncle or malignant ulceration.
– Haemorrhages: blood oozes from mouth, nose, anus or sexual organs; black, thick, tar-like, rapidly decomposing (Crot.).
– Septic fever, rapid loss of strength, sinking pulse, delirium and fainting (Pyr.)
Chilliness (periodic at 3 P.M. ).
Heat predominates, without thirst (usually), with drowsiness.
Heat of head with throbbing, ameliorated by pressure.
Sweat not marked, skin usually dry.
– Chill daily at 1 p.m.
– All catarrhal and inflammatory fevers; first stage.
– Worse, at night and 4 to 6 p.m. ; touch, jar, motion, right side.
– Better, cold applications.
Hyperaemia; from mechanical injuries, fresh wounds, not yet suppurating.
Capillary congestion, with burning of the skin, more exercise and warmth.
Abscesses, boils, carbuncles and felons; at the commencement of these affections this remedy reduces heat, blood-accumulation, pain and throbbing.
Chicken-pox, erysipelas and erysipelatous inflammations of the skin, for the fever and pain.
Suppurative processes on the skin with febrile symptoms.
Measles, scarlet fever and small-pox.
Pimples, acne, for the pain and heat and congestion.
Ulcers with febrile accompaniments.
* The symptoms of this homeopathy drug are of an asthenic type, simulating low fevers, septic conditions of the blood, malarial poisoning and extreme prostration. Useful for Dengue fever with marked prostration and muscle pains.
* Indescribable sick feeling.
* Great muscular soreness and putrid phenomena always are present.
* All the secretions are offensive – breath, stool, urine, sweat, etc.
* Epidemic influenza.
* Chronic intestinal toxaemias of children with fetid stools and eructations.
– Chill, with rheumatic pains and soreness all over body.
– Heat all over, with occasional chills.
– Chill about 11 a.m.
– Adynamic fevers.
– Typhus fever.
– Shipboard fever.
– Worse; Humid heat; fog; indoors.
– Tearing pains in joints, bones, and periosteum.
– Cramps in upper arms and wrists.
– Great debility.
– Pains at night, as if bones were scraped.
– Stumbles easily and makes missteps.
– Itching, between fingers or in folds of joints.
– Pimples, acne, blood-boils.
– Ulcers, with very offensive pus.
– Burning red rash.
– Formication in various parts.
– Falling out of the hair. [Nat. mur.; Selen.] Tendency to abscess after fevers.
– Profuse sweat during night and morning.
– Low types of fever, with dull comprehension and stupor.
– Better, from keeping warm.
– Worse, exertion, from being talked to; loss of vital fluids; sexual excesses.
– Everything impeding circulation causes aggravation of symptoms.
Homeopathic medicine for Dengue Fever with extreme prostration.
– Cold extremities.
– Heat without thirst.
– Typhoid types, stupid.
– Involuntary discharges.
– Pulse rapid and feeble.
– Excessive prostration.
– Worse, in damp weather, before midnight.
– Better, lying on left side.
Homeopathy Prophylaxis for Dengue Fever
Homeopathy medicines are widely used for prevention of Dengue fever. They are used as per the concept of Genus Epidemicus, given in aphorism 102 of Organon Of Medicine.
What is Genus Epidemicus ?
GENUS EPIDEMICUS is that homeopathy remedy which is found to be a suitable remedy for many cases of that particular epidemic and also act as a preventive remedy for that particular epidemic for majority of people who have not been infected yet.
Dr. Hahnemann gave this concept of genus epidemicus in his book Organon of Medicine in para 102.
Now let us see the aphorism 102-
In the course of writing down the symptoms of several cases of this kind the sketch of the disease picture becomes ever more and more complete, not more spun out and verbose, but more significant (more characteristic), and including more of the peculiarities of this collective disease.
On the one hand, the general symptoms (e.g., loss of appetite, sleeplessness, etc.) become precisely defined as to their peculiarities; and on the other, the more marked and special symptoms which are peculiar to but few diseases and of rarer occurrence, at least in the same combination, become prominent and constitute what is characteristic of this malady1.
All those affected with the disease prevailing at a given time have certainly contracted it from one and the same source and hence are suffering from the same disease; but the whole extent of such an epidemic disease and the totality of its symptoms (the knowledge whereof, which is essential for enabling us to choose the most suitable homeopathic remedy for this array of symptoms, is obtained by a complete survey of the morbid picture) cannot be learned from one single patient, but is only to be perfectly deduced (abstracted) and ascertained from the sufferings of several patients of different constitutions.
Footnote.1 – The physician who has already, in the first cases, been able to choose a remedy approximating to the homoeopathic specific, will, from the subsequence cases, be enabled either to verify the suitableness of the medicine chosen, or to discover a more appropriate, the most appropriate homeopathic remedy.
Here in aphorism102, Dr Hahnemann wants to explain that the physician should carefully observe and note the chief complaints of several cases (both sexes, of different age group, and of different constitutions) of that particular epidemic.
Here the physician will find 2 types of symptoms-
- General symptoms like malaise, skin rashes, body ache, etc. These symptoms are found in almost all cases of that particular epidemic.
- Particular symptoms- rare, uncommon and peculiar symptoms with concomitants.
Now the general symptoms of that particular epidemic becomes the characteristic of that disease. For e.g. Body pain is noticed in dengue. You can make that general symptom becomes more better by noting it more precisely for e.g. body pain during day time in 1st case, body pain during day only on jar in 2nd case. So this is how your general symptom become more characteristic.
The physician should need to carefully pay attention on particular symptoms also, so that he can reach to more suitable remedy and get towards more suitable GENUS EPIDEMICUS of that particular epidemic.
Merits of Genus Epidemicus in clinic-
- It saves time of the physician in finding remedy of that particular epidemic.
- Act as a preventive medicine (prophylactic medicine) for particular epidemic for those who have not been suffered by that particular epidemic.
- Can be used for majority of the patients.
The most commonly suggested homeopathy medicines for prevention or prophylaxis of Dengue fever are Eupatorium perfoliatum and Arsenic album, but the remedy can change every year.